We are a London based construction company providing high quality Loft Conversions in London solutions for residential clients within Greater London area. We have over 30 years experience within the construction industry and pride ourselves on a high quality finish, delivered on-time and on budget.
Loft conversions are one of our areas of specialty- we absolutely love them!. At Propertize, we have helped many homeowners with their Loft conversion projects.
We offer our clients a complete turnkey solution, tailored to their needs. Whether you want to create new bedroom with en-suite in your loft or develop a more contemporary living space we are able to cater to our clients’ requirements.
The beauty of our Loft Conversions London, You can pick and choose how you’d like us to help. Our service includes:
• Initial offsite and onsite consultations to map out our clients objectives and needs – this is completely free
• A detailed project specification and cost assessment
• Provision of architectural and structural designs, using our in house RIBA Architects and appointed surveyors
• Supporting you through the planning process with local authorities;
• Completing and managing the build (including provision of relevant building certificates) with a dedicated Project Manager
Our loft conversion service is tailored to our clients’ specific needs. For instance, we can work with our clients’ existing architects and planners and simply take care of the build stage.
A huge premium for space exists in London. With house prices rising over the past 20 years across London, converting a loft or extending a home has been a tried and tested way of adding value to properties with the additional value added far outweighing the cost of build.
Moreover, over the past decade planning regulations have been simplified! As a result we have witnessed a huge upsurge in the number of households opting to convert their lofts with some households no longer requiring planning permission. Our team can help establish the pertinent requirements for your property as it may be possible to convert your loft under Permitted Development regulations.
There are several different types of loft conversions in London that you can have built on your home, the main three types are Dormer conversions, Hip to Gable conversions and Mansard conversions. The type of loft conversion that is suitable for your property will depend on a number of different aspects of your loft (e.g. the size or square footage; how you plan on utilising the space; the planning permission that is likely to be granted, if required).
• The most common type of loft conversion;
• A Dormer loft conversion includes a vertical wall from the bottom of your sloping roof. A flat roof is then built to meet the vertical wall, allowing maximum headroom in the new loft extension.
• It is unlikely that you will need to obtain planning permission for it.
• This type of conversion can also be gable or have a hipped roof
Dormer loft convesrion
• With mansard loft conversions the gable or dual-party walls (dependant on whether your property is detached or a terraced) are raised to make a to a certain degree vertical – minimum 72° – profile for the mansard. A horizontal cross section and timber framing is then incorporated.
• A very common method of loft conversion, typically found in built up areas where terraced properties are more common
• Typically requires planning permission and windows within Mansard Loft conversions will be housed within the dormers.
• Hip to gable loft conversions aim to maximize a smaller existing space of a property with a hipped roof. The sloping side of a roof is adjusted to a flat gable end to increase the overall space within the conversion.
• A hip to gable loft conversion achieves lots of heads space and as a result is suitable for a variety of uses such as: additional living space, office space and playrooms/entertainment rooms.
• Only suitable for properties which are detached, semi detached or a bungalow.
• Typically requires planning permission
Hip to gable conversion21
• With an L Section conversion clients can achieve lots of added space for an additional room or en suite bathroom.
• L Shaped dormers are becoming increasingly popular within the more densely housed areas within London
• Not always suitable for properties to have an L shaped dormer conversion. Feel free to contact us to assess whether this type of conversion is for you.
• A Roofline Loft conversion, also known as a Velux conversion, typically doesn’t require any modification to the roof, as the incumbent roof stays as it is.
• Typically the most popular type of conversion due to cost effectiveness in addition to not requiring any planning permission
• This is a great choice for clients trying to achieve some extra space for a nursery or office
Velux loft conversion
• If your property doesn’t have a loft similar to any of the other conversion types described, don’t worry!
• We have extensive experience working on a variety of differently shaped loft spaces and we pride ourselves on providing a customised loft conversion solution, tailored to your needs.
• If you’re unsure what can be achieved using your loft space please get in touch now.